This is not a typical summer camp job.
Our mission is to offer a growth experience, with a focus on communication. That mission applies to everyone, including employees. The adults here must adopt a growth mindset — it’s the only hope we have of creating a culture of growth for our campers.
We have five values here and we take them seriously: loyalty, inclusivity, self-awareness, independence of thought, and effort. We ask that you adopt and demonstrate these values as best you can during your time here.
Junior counselors must be at least 19-years-old by June 25th, 2017. Full counselors must be at least 21-years-old by the same date. All staff must be certified in CPR and Standard First Aid by the same date.
Want to see what advice former counselors would give future counselors?
In addition to expertise we look for three things in every staff applicant: patience, creativity and passion.
There are two employment schedules for 2017:
- Jun. 15th to Aug. 6th, 2016 (7.5 weeks)
- Jun. 15th to Aug. 18th, 2016 (9 weeks)
Typically, new staff are on the the first schedule, but there are exceptions.
We will hire ~25 counselors for 2017. We are looking for experience in the following areas:
- Caregiving and wellness
- Carpentry and construction
- Clerical work
- Cooking and baking
- Direct communication, conflict resolution and group facilitation
- Eating ice cream
- Environmental education
- Farming and animal management
- Music Rock climbing, backpacking and other expeditions
- Soccer, ultimate frisbee and other sports
- Theater and drama
- Unstructured play, spontaneous fun and a high degree of goofiness
- Vegetable gardening
- Visual arts
If you think you might like it here, please fill out the form above. We hope to hear from you!